Proven Entrepreneurial Executive, global
- Started European operations for software, technology and services corporation, with P&L responsibility and exceeded $33 million in sales. Served as President/Managing Director, residing inEuropefor 4 years.
- Created and managed new P&L division serving a new market, achieving annual revenues of $5 million by 2nd year and the fastest organic growth experienced by the company.
- Interim CEO for venture capital funded, enterprise software company, developing market strategy and setting up sales processes.
accomplished business leader
- Formulated and led market strategy for Ernst & Young’s chemicals practice based on contract win as architect and integrator to Elemica.com, B2B chemical industry consortium.
- Created a technology licensing program, adding 15% above professional services revenues, and sold licenses in North America, Europe, Japan and India.
- Consistent success identifying technology business opportunities and bootstrapping teams to achieve them.
- Launched new business unit providing software and services to the Oil & Gas industry.
- Multiple line management roles including manager, director, general manager, vice president and partner.
- Project manager and technical leader for over 30 automation projects across four continents.
- Consultant and advisor to Fortune 100 CIO responsible for a turnaround and management team replacement.
- Expert in greenhouse gas management for supply chains, contributing to industry standards and validating enterprise carbon management software
- Founding Partner in Ernst & Young’s ERP Innovation / Enterprise Effectiveness Initiative. Researched over 175 SAP, Oracle, J.D. Edwards and PeopleSoft implementations, harvesting top business performance success factors. Trained North American and European partners and led initial engagements to deploy best practices.
- Hands-on, Big 5 Partner selling and delivering services to Fortune 500 C-level executives in the fields of supply chain performance improvement, enterprise systems and business process reengineering.
- Distinguished ability to quantify, organize and achieve substantial business benefits using information technologies. Serve as an expert on professional panels, often invited to speak and contribute articles. Contributing author, CIO Wisdom II, Prentice Hall, 2006.
Interim Executive and Independent Consultant | 2002 – Present
- E.V.P, Amee Ltd., London, environmental data (funded by Union Square Ventures, O'Reilly and Amadeus)
- Senior Fellow, Greenhouse Gas Management Institute
- Associate Partner, LGEexecs, Austin, TX
- V.P., G.M., The Electric Sheep Company, Washington, DC
- Interim executive to Business Threads Inc., Austin, TX (funded by Techxas Ventures and Castletop Capital)
- Executive consultant to Cigna, Philadelphia, PA and Hartford, CT
Robin Hood Ventures, Board Member, Philadelphia Region | 2003 – 2007
- Active early stage investor, concentrating on information technologies and supply chain; advisor to Intellifit and start-ups.
- Frequent diligence endeavors in nanotechnology, biotech and other novel applications of technology.
Ernst & Young Management Consulting, Philadelphia, PA (acquired by Cap Gemini, Paris) | 1996 – 2001
- Partner, Process Industries ($200 million U.S. revenues business unit)
- Partner, Supply Chain and Enterprise Systems service units ($800 million and $1 billion U.S. revenue service units)
Setpoint Europe, Leiden, The Netherlands (acquired by Aspen Technology Inc., NASDAQ) | 1993 – 1996
- President and Managing Director ($33 million U.S. revenues). Responsible for all sales and operations inEurope.
- Chairman, Setpoint Systems, Warrington,U.K. and Setpoint Ipcos, Eindhoven, TheNetherlands
Setpoint, Inc.,Houston,TX (startup in 1977 and $100 million revenue at sale in 1996) | 1979 - 1992
- Founding General Manager, Manufacturing Systems Division; Founding Manager, Oil & Gas business unit
- Business Development Director; liaison to Setpoint Japan, Tokyo
Stanford University, B.S. Electrical Engineering
Rice University, Graduate School of Business, The Management Program
Greenhouse Gas Management Institute
Registered Professional Engineer, Texas
Download a copy of my resume.